The bloody details of a horror writer, director & actor.

April 18, 2011

"Face it. You're no whore and you're no athlete." - My Mom

Writer's have to have some inspiration and I've re-kindled my love affair with the public library recently. I had to take a decade hiatus when I collected a hefty $595.00 charge... seriously, and how is that possible? Because I'm a greedy greedy and I want everything now and I want it to be mine. Bwha hahaha!

Stumbled upon Diablo Cody's  book Candy Girl: A Year in the Life of an Unlikely Stripper. Such a fun summer read, I highly recommend it to those who haven't enjoyed it yet. However, it's really burnt a hole in my plan B. Or plan C. The stripper life is certainly not for me. I just don't like people that much and I've always been an uncooperative sort. Even as a waitress I can't hustle that much. "Fuck You" is always on the tip of my tongue. The book is really funny, graphic, and doesn't glamorize the lifestyle. It's clear she was the black sheep of the industry, the one there for fun. It's a grizzly, sexist, debasing profession. Glad I've got my brain. That's plan B: Scientist. (Not really).
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Scream Queen B . All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig