The bloody details of a horror writer, director & actor.

July 1, 2011

Synchronicity


It's the album I forced my girlfriends to listen to on a constant 5-hour loop, while vodka followed through my veins and I rolled around on the floor in my underwear. But really, it's the incidents that I cannot dismiss as sheer coincidence. Something is happening. Synchronicity.


I wanted to take a course with an award-winning writer, but couldn't afford it and I'm going away for some much needed vacation. Then the course comes up again - the producers offer to pay for the it and upon further research, I realize that I'm going away the exact time the course has a two week hiatus. So I phone to reserve a spot and the class is full. I'm not even upset about it. I have this feeling... ten minutes later I get a call back that someone dropped out and there is one spot available and it's mine. Seems not so random after all.

I'm also reading The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron. She discusses the science of synchronicity as a natural reaction to effort and intention. "Answered prayers are scary. They imply responsibility. You asked for it. Now that you've got it, what are you going to do?" I guess I'm going to keep on going?


 So it's DING DING Round 2 on the screenplay with an intensive summer workshop, a cabin retreat, a coastal getaway with Juno the chocolate lab, and some much needed vitamin B supplements aka "Chill-the-f***-out" pills... because there is no need to stress. I'm doing the work and the world seems to be taking care of the rest.  I'm kicking this in the head, so to speak. I'm Lui Kang bitches! Respect.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Scream Queen B . All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig