September 25, 2011

There's a New Sheriff in Town


"SLAM ON THE BRAKES!" My internal wheels spin and coast off their trajectory as I float across the ground al la Tokyo Drift. Yes I did just reference that garbage. Change of plans. Seems like my lovely Blob movie of projectile vomiting teenagers is going to be put on the back burner. My second project for Mosiac Entertainment is now taking the spotlight, as a new specialized TV station has taken interest and wants to see a screenplay, asap.


This project is near and dear to my heart, as it was born out of great adversity. With only a catchy title to work with and the unshakable feeling like I had been thrown under the bus to make something worthy out of it, my magnificent inspired brain proved it can write itself out of any corner.

Thus, Truck Stop Bloodsuckers took form. A story about Jeanine and Kolby, two vampires posing as waitresses in an all-night diner in the town of Little Hope. Think Thelma and Louise meets True Blood. A black comedy that touches upon themes of addiction, redemption, morality, and the incredible bond between two women who help each other recover from their violent relationships.

Details are fuzzy on how we're moving forward here, but there is talk that I'll be working with a local writer and darling of the theater and improv scene to bang this one out in three weeks. *Gulp* Wish me luck!
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. okay - good luck! (you'll rock it, girl.)

    ReplyDelete

© Scream Queen B . All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig