October 16, 2011

Lucky Strike

I'm going to be big... a big deal!
I celebrated a birthday recently and one of my favourite things to do is go down to the Russian Tea Room in Edmonton and pay a psychic to talk about me. Who doesn't love to hear how wonderful they are?

The Russian Tea Room is a unique place. The decor is 80's Dynasty-inspired kitsch with Buddhist monuments, low lighting, fake plastic trees and white trellis. The menu is bland North American: pasta, burgers, dry rib appetizers. The psychics smell like coffee and cigarettes. It's the mash-up culture I so adore in Blade Runner, an amalgamation of bits and pieces of everything to create a completely bizarre scene. I would love to shoot a film at this location.

The psychic I went to has freaked me out before, as he is uniquely tuned in to some unseen frequency and knew things about me he couldn't possibly know. This year, more of the same.



He told me that the next two years, I have horseshoes up my ass. The opportunity to work with very talented people, be in the right place at the right time, and to have the world dropped at my feet is all on the horizon. I'm the Pilot Kid, producing numerous ideas for television and film. He told me to study Rod Serling and Alfred Hitchcock (already my all time favourites) as my work will be an extension of the intelligent and sometimes dark worlds these men offered.

And then the psychic turned very dark and still. "Now I have to ask you, how fucking serious are you? I'm sorry to use that word, but it cuts to the chase. You need to get fucking serious." A man after my own heart! Don't you love when the universe gives you the information you need in the way only you can hear it?

So I'm getting really fucking serious. More than ever I'm realizing my talent as a writer and my ability to produce something unique. This is not the time to hide and cower in the shadows of my own doubt.

I do feel immensely lucky right now. But to me, luck is preparation meeting opportunity. I've been working a long time on my stories, my characters, my ideas. I'm the golden goose, shitting out golden nugget after golden nugget. (Note: Momma Jane wants full credit for this one). So it's time to really know what I'm worth and what I have to offer.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Scream Queen B . All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig