October 23, 2012

Big Lights & Big Thanks

Thanks to Step-Sistas Alex & Gillian, whoever I stole this photo from. : )

What an amazing night with our name up in lights, listed among the greats such as Blackula and Ghostbusters! We packed two hundred and fifty seven people into the Garneau Theatre for the Truckstop Bloodsuckers premiere and damn, our fans are LOUD!


Hot Mamas! Elina & Chrisy showing off their new TB T-Shirts
We need some "I LOVE EDMONTON FILM SCENE" t-shirts STAT, because our community support can't be matched. We can get glamorous and lay out the red carpet, but a theatre packed with people rocking out their glow-in-the-dark vampire teeth is a place I want to be. We don't take ourselves too seriously and we know how to have fun. So refreshing.

With my pal Keith.

What an honour to have Mayor Stephen Mandel at our screening, encouraging local talent. That blew my mind. And how cool was it to see Mosaic Producers Eric & Camille all snazzy with their vamp teeth in? Very!

While watching the feature length version, I thought to myself, "Holy F. How did we get this much talent in one film?" So proud of our actors. Legitimate stars, am I right?

It was so good to finally meet Gary Cosgrove - who I had heard (and seen) so much of - and fresh talent Angela Palmer and Julian Domingues. I'm excited to see what these two will do next.

SUPER THANKS to all the new people I've met who came out to support our film and had so much positivity to send our way. I'm looking forward to working with y'all in the future.

Thanks Braydon for taking this photo!
I wish I had more photos, but the limo was moving and I was blabbering away in excitement. I still can't get over the quality friends, family, co-workers, patrons, fans, and fellow artists I've collected over the years and how much love & support they've got for me. My friends... you are my life force. This wouldn't mean anything without you and I wouldn't have made it without you. 

If I wasn't so exhausted, I would cry from the gratitude of the life I've established and how good it feels sometimes to be in my 5' foot frame. I'm so happy I'm not even going to bother this hobo pigeon who is shitting on my balcony right now. Clean your feathers and enjoy the view my friend. It's a good day.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Scream Queen B . All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig