December 2, 2012

SISTER is DOING IT


Let me tell you something. When you are brave and take steps toward the ledge of your comfort zone, amazing things happen. Especially when you are courageous enough to push through the fear and march forward fully awake.
I am in absolute awe right now, because I'm feeling the force of my life purpose and can actually see it taking shape. After making the decision to move forward with the CineCoup indie filmmaking challenge, helpful people have been coming out of the woodwork to get involved. The experience is so very humbling -  people really want to work with me and they love my ideas. Like wow... how did that happen?

I'm taking even more risks. I'm developing my feminist horror script that was passed on by producers, trusting my own voice and my own vision. I'm casting myself as the lead even though it TERRIFIES me and I'm utilizing all the inspiration and research I conducted for my "Women in Horror" workshop to start walking the talk and direct the film too. GODDAMN IT, I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!

Best of all, during CineCoup's live stream/information session yesterday, George Stroumboulopoulos (don't you just LOVE him?) stopped by to give support and echo the sentiment that the industry wants more women directors and women's voices. I started to cry... keep in mind I was up until 3am last night working my tail off, so that probably had something to do with it, but YEAH, I CRIED. And I had breakfast in my mouth at the time so... it was like an epic event. I'm just so grateful and so overwhelmed with the feeling like I'm in the right place at right time.

This afternoon I'm meeting with my amazing team, Travis Barton and Greg Arenburg, and our spectacular PR/Media Consultant Lesley Vaage to figure out the best way to get this film to YOU! With your help and assistance, we could be shooting this film in the spring and have it on the big screen - like the REALLY big screen at Cineplex Odeon - by OCTOBER, 2013. Which is my birthday month, so that would be pretty cool, right?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Scream Queen B . All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig