The bloody details of a horror writer, director & actor.

March 4, 2013

COBRA RAMONE, OFFICIAL SOUNDTRACK OF GILLIAN'S JUST RIGHT


Now that our CineCoup trailer is out and we're streaming on the web, many people have been asking about the music in Gillian's Just Right. So glad you asked!  COBRA RAMONE is a fellow pint-sized horror enthusiast with a badass set of pipes. I met her while she was living in Edmonton and proceed to girl-crush, obviously. At the time, I was working on my first screenplay "Hot Death" and needed some apocalyptic rock n' roll to write to. I listened to her EP on repeat. My roommates probably would have hated me if they didn't like her music so much.

Fast forward to the production of Gillian's Just Right. When I sat down to write, Cobra's song "I'm the One," smacked me in the face and gave me goosebumps. "This is it," I thought. "This is our theme song." 

It's hard to capture the true essence of the song in a two minute trailer, but her soulful voice really allowed us to portray that fractured fairy tale in the dark woods. This song inspired me to fine-tune the character of Gillian, as it seems to speak to my character's internal struggle and the decision she makes to find out the truth of what's killing all of the young women in her town. "I'm the One," is a strong declaration and a perfectly executed piece of music.

So I share Cobra's video with you here. Enjoy.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Scream Queen B . All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig