The bloody details of a horror writer, director & actor.

October 9, 2015

I'm a Sexy Voter



The Federal Election is quickly approaching and some scary shit is going down that can only be interpreted as a manipulative tool to prevent young people from voting. For that reason, I've joined the #ImaSexyVoter Campaign, talking about SEX and TURN ONs to shamelessly grab your attention so you'll VOTE on October 19, 2015. Watch the video...


I had a wake-up call this year. While I was focusing on my career and travelling to new places, perpetuating the "Canadians are really fucking nice" identity on the international stage, I was shocked to get the news that the United Nations is concerned about Canada - failing to act on the epidemic of missing and murdered aboriginal women, failing in our ability to respond to the refugee crisis and Bill C-51, our anti-terror law. I didn't realize how the rest of the world has begun to see us. It's time for a dramatic change.


I don't care if you're sipping on my Orange Crush. I'm invigorated by political debate and a difference of opinion, but I think we can all agree that scandal, manipulation, and the recent racism and violation of human rights from the Conservative Party is not part of our bigger picture. Stephen Harper won by a very slim margin last election with 9.3 million Canadians – 38.6% of voters - not casting a ballot at all. Let's not let this happen again.

The I'm a Sexy Voter campaign will be released over the next few days. It's light-hearted fun with a dash of way too much information that is slightly embarrassing, but oh well! These videos are meant to be shared on-line to counteract the cuts the Conservatives made to Elections Canada. Please join in on the campaign, use the #Imasexyvoter hashtag and vote on October 19. Because being a citizen of the world is really sexy.




Extra Reading:

Canada's PM wants to make it harder for people to vote against him | Caroline Konrad, The Guardian

The Closing of the Canadian Mind | Stephen Marche, New York Times

The UN Human Rights Committee Slams Canada's record on Women | CBC News


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Scream Queen B . All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig